Through an agreement between Lander University and the Western Piedmont Education Consortium (WPEC), faculty and staff of school districts in the Lakelands area are able to enjoy a discounted tuition rate for courses they take at Lander.
“Collectively, faculty and staff of WPEC schools teach and interact with over 38,000 students,” said Dr. Billy Strickland, executive director of WPEC. “For the teacher or staffer who wants to further their education, the discounted tuition rate is very valuable.”
Teachers and staff who serve at the following school districts are eligible for the tuition discount:
- Abbeville County School District;
- Anderson County School District 3;
- Edgefield County School District;
- Greenwood County School District 50;
- Greenwood County School District 51;
- Greenwood County School District 52;
- Laurens County School District 55;
- Laurens County School District 56;
- Lexington County School District 3;
- McCormick County School District;
- Newberry County School District; and
- Saluda County School District.
Having voted to lower and freeze its tuition in 2016, Lander is already one of the most affordable higher education choices in South Carolina. Through the agreement with WPEC, school district faculty and staff will pay only $1,060 per three-hour course – a savings of nearly $400 per course. This flat rate is all-inclusive with no additional fees. Participants will be responsible, however, for the costs of textbooks and other class materials as they apply.
The rate is available for courses taught either on-campus or through Lander’s rapidly expanding online offerings, and is for degree and non-degree seeking undergraduate and graduate students.