Rep. John R. McCravy recently recognized 6 out of 11 of Greenwood’s EMS veterans on behalf of the S.C House of Representatives. County Manager Toby Chappell helped to honor them at the Greenwood County Courthouse.
Greenwood is blessed to have a top notch EMS program and 11 expert EMS employees who have worked for the Greenwood Emergency Service for over 20 years.
- Supervisor Chris Barnes – over 35 years
- Director Derek Kinney - over 30 years
- Paramedic Ray Pettit – over 30 years
- Supervisor Claude "Buddy" Wells - over 30 years
- Training Coordinator Schanen Lyons - over 25 years
- Advanced EMT Jon Wells - over 25 years
- Administrative Coordinator Diane Eubanks - over 25 years
- Senior Medic Robert McHone – over 25 years
- Supervisor David Lindler – over 25 years
- Crew Chief Chris Eubanks - over 20 years
- Paramedic Carolyn Franks - over 20 years
“Twenty years is a long time to serve in any capacity,” Says Rep. McCravy, “But in a dangerous, high-stress job like EMS, 20 years is incredible! They deserve this recognition from the great state they have served so loyally. I am so proud to be able to commend these fine men and women.”
Rep. McCravy (R-Greenwood) announced that one of his missions is to recognize first responders in the Greenwood area this summer on behalf of the State of South Carolina. He is following through with his pledge.
Special thanks to Ms. Diane Eubanks for organizing the recognition ceremony.