|3/23/2018 10:07:00 AM|
McCravy Recognizes First Responders from Self
Rep. John McCravy honored 14 doctors, nurses, physician assistants, and ECC technicians from the Self Memorial Hospital Emergency Care Center for their long careers in emergency medicine. Clapping for these dedicated medical professionals were Craig White, Self-Regional’s Vice President of Government Affairs, and a crowd of proud coworkers.
Each of these medical professionals has practiced emergency medicine for over two decades and was presented with a certificate of commendation from the S.C. House of Representatives:
- Cynthia Hedrick, A.D.N, R.N. – 49 years
- James Bruce Cook, M.D. – 31 years
- Sharon Turner, B.S.N., R.N., Trauma Nurse Coordinator – 29 years
- Cynthia Kinney, M.S.N., R.N., C.E.N., Director of Emergency Care Center – 27 years
- Joseph W. Logan, M.D., FACP, FACEP – 26 years
- Christopher McCaslan, P.A., EMT-P – 27 years
- Cynthia Bright, C.N.A. – 27 years
- Bibb R. Cain, M.D. – 25 years
- Kimberly Ouzts, A.D.N, R.N., – 25 years
- Angela Garrett, C.N.A. – 24 years
- Scott Whitehead, P.A. – 24 years
- Nanci Bearden, M.S.N., R.N., C.E.N., Emergency Care Center Manager – 23 years
- Linda Powell – 20 years
- Ricky Ladd, M.D., FACEP – 20 years
“We were honored to have our Emergency Care team recognized…by Rep. McCravy.” White stated after the recognition. “These Self Regional team members demonstrate their dedication, skill and compassion every day in the ER and I appreciate Rep. McCravy for acknowledging their years of service and excellent care for our patients.”
McCravy echoed White’s praise for the ER team: “To me, you are the second half of the first responders.” McCravy said as he addressed the recipients. “You save the patients once EMS gets them to the hospital. You all also give up your nights, weekends, and holidays, just like the other first responders while literally operating in a stressful environment.” McCravy went on to officially thank them on behalf of the state of South Carolina.
Special thanks to Director Kinney and Director of Public Relations Mark Hyatt for organizing the recognition.
Article Comment Submission Form