Ann Hunter of Greenwood joined the Clemson University Foundation board of directors for a four-year term beginning July 1.
Hunter earned a Bachelor of Science (1980) and Master of Science (1982) in chemical engineering from Clemson. She previously worked for Union Carbide in Greenville and became a homemaker and full-time volunteer after the birth of her daughter, Rebecca, who also is a Clemson alumna. She met her husband, Wilson G. Hunter, while they were chemical engineering students at Clemson.
She was in the parent-teacher organizations for her daughter's schools, serving as president and in other leadership positions, and was recognized twice by Greenwood High School as Volunteer of the Year. She has been a Girl Scout leader for more than 20 years, is a deacon and treasurer of the Women's Ministries at the Greenwood Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, a member of the Greenwood Woman's Club and is a past president and member of the board of directors of Greenwood's Danse de Noel Assembly.
Hunter has served or is currently serving on the Greater Greenwood Clemson Club board, as Women's Alumni Council Representative for Greenwood, on the Alumni National Council, on the Alumni Association board and is its former president, on the IPTAY board and The Will To Lead Capital Campaign Athletic Cabinet. She previously served on the Foundation board of directors in 2010-2014.
The Clemson University Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity organized solely to promote the welfare and future development of Clemson University. It was chartered in 1933 to support the university’s educational and scientific goals. It is the responsibility of the board of directors to manage and disburse assets prudently within a policy that encourages the enhancement of the resources of the foundation.