Greenwood Place - Greenwood, SC
The Board of Directors of Greenwood Place, a newly organized Clubhouse program located in Greenwood, South Carolina, is seeking an Executive Director. Greenwood Place is a not-for-profit organization providing services and opportunities for adults living with a serious and persistent mental illness.
The Executive Director must be a highly motivated individual who is passionate about the mission of the program and have the ability to develop and lead this innovative project.
Greenwood Place is a welcoming and restorative environment for people who have had their lives drastically disrupted and need the support of others who believe that recovery from mental illness is possible. This Clubhouse is a community-based program for people living with mental illness. It is a program organized around the concept of building a community of people who are committed to each other's success. Participation in the clubhouse gives individuals the opportunity to join or re-join the worlds of friendship, meaningful work, employment, education and supports for healthcare they individually need.
The Executive Director is responsible for working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the members (Clubhouse participants), staff and community leaders to continuously achieve the mission and goals of the organization. The Executive Director is also responsible for managing the day-to day operations of the Clubhouse including (but not limited to):
- Ability to organize and structure a Work-Ordered-Day for persons with serious and persistent mental illnesses
- Ability to write grants and raise money for the funding of the organization
- Proficient typing skills, problem-solving skills, and public speaking skills are required
- Ability to hire staff, seek and maintain employee benefits, and ability to complete the payroll process
- Ability to provide community opportunities
- Ability to commit and understand the Clubhouse Model of psychiatric rehabilitation and the underlying values and principles
- Ability to work in a variety of situations with a diverse group of people
- College degree required and three years of professional experience (
- Experience in not-for-profit and human service programs
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume and professional references to email@example.com