In an effort to assure continual improvement, performance and compliance of environmental, health and safety management systems of the Company, the primary purpose of this position is to provide technical environmental, health and safety support to VELUX Greenwood Inc. Included in the role is development and implementation of corporate safety and health related projects, programs, objectives and training, as well as, monitoring programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations of federal/state agencies, local/corporate initiatives and other parties such as insurance providers. This position reports directly to the Operational Excellence Manager.
Supports the Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer/Manager in:
• Providing technical environmental safety and health
expertise and support to VELUX Greenwood Inc.
associates and leadership.
• Supporting the corporate EHS strategy through
development, management and implementation of local
projects, programs, objectives and training targeting the
mitigation of pertinent and relevant EHS aspects and
• Demonstrating proficiency and comfort overseeing,
configuring, programing and administering various
instrumentation, software and third party systems
through both local and remote interfaces.
• Autonomously reading, interpreting and understanding
written standards (OSHA, EPA, DHEC, NFPA, NEC, ANSI,
ISO, OHSAS, etc.) and technical manuals
(instrumentation, tools, equipment O&M’s, etc.) to
become proficient in their application and use.
• Maintaining the VELUX Greenwood Inc. Environmental,
Health and Safety databases.
• Holds self and others to a high standard for safety.
• Monitors environmental, health and safety programs to
ensure compliance with regulations and requirements.
• Performs routine auditing and sampling related to indoor
air quality, SW3P, SPCC, permitting, training and other
• Develops and presents employee environmental, health
and safety training.
• Supports EHS audits, routine and non-routine internal
and external compliance/conformance reports and data
• Supports monthly corporate EHS performance and data
• Leads or supports other project assignments in and
outside the area of EHS and facilities.
• Bachelor of Science Degree is required (Environmental or
related Engineering is preferred). Preference given to a
candidate who is interested in a career centered on
Environmental, Health and Safety Management.
• Experience working in Environmental, Health and Safety
• Exposure to any aspects of SC OSHA and SC DHEC
regulations and compliance, and/or an understanding of
training and reporting requirements is a plus.
• Working proficiency of instrumentation, data logging and
controls typical of EHS operations such as: dosimeters,
indoor air quality meters, power analyzers, multi-meters,
differential pressure transducers, 5-gas analyzers, etc. is
• Good time-management, organization and task
prioritization, including the effective management of
multiple concurrent projects is required.
• Must be proficient in the use of Windows and Microsoft’s
full suite of office products. Advanced Excel experience
including Macro Design/Development is a plus.
Experience in the use of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
drafting software is a plus.
• Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills are
• Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
required. Must display a high level of professionalism
and have a good work, attendance and safety record.
• Demonstrated leadership over cross-functional teams is
a plus and the desire and ability to work in a
manufacturing team environment.
• Ability to coordinate, develop and deliver effective
training and presentations.
• Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with no major
• Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations
and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on
Company bulletin boards/announcements,
terms/conditions of employment or other means of
communication is a requirement of the job.
Those interested, click here to apply online… www.veluxusa.com/careers