Lonza, one of the world’s leading suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Lonza harnesses science and technology to create products that enhance the overall quality of life for patients and consumers around the world. Through its acquisition of Capsugel in July 2017, Lonza now offers products and services from the custom development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients to innovative dosage forms.
Lonza’s Greenwood County operations, which are located at 535 North Emerald Road in Greenwood, S.C., produce empty capsules and finished dosage forms for the global biopharma and consumer health and nutrition markets.
Open positions are posted on the company’s website at www.lonza.com and click on the careers link. Specifically the company is looking to add 20 Licaps Operators over the next month. A special, one-day event will be held on June 11, 2018 from 10am – 5pm at Piedmont Technical College’s conference center. Candidates should come prepared with an updated resume, Work Keys scores if possible, and adequate time to complete on-site interview. Work Keys testing will be offered on site.
- Shift: 12 hour continuous shift from 7pm to 7am (night shifts).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Passing Scores (Silver level) on Work Keys
- Passing score on Bennett Mechanical Tests
- Must be able to push, pull and lift objects up to 35 lbs. and endure extended periods of standing and walking.
- Must be willing to work overtime to support customer and business needs
- Prefer prior manufacturing experience
- Prefer experience with mechanical equipment – a basic working knowledge of mechanical tools and their use including different types of wrenches, drivers, sockets, pliers, etc.
- Prefer basic computer skills
A Place to Go, Stay and Grow
What we offer…
- The company offers competitive wages – entry pay for Licaps Operator $15-$17 per hour depending on experience level.
- Annual merit increases
- Annual performance bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement – we promote from within
- Free on-site fitness center and walking trail
- Complimentary coffee and fresh fruit all day
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Health Savings Accounts with complimentary seed funding
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Hospital and Accident Indemnity Plans
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Plan
- Wellness Incentives
- 401k with Matching Company Contributions
- Company sponsored participation in wellness events
- Special employee events and activities throughout the year including:
- Children’s Christmas Party
- Family Skate Night
- Children’s Easter Egg Hunt
- Annual Family Fun Day
- Ladies Holiday Shopping Trip
- Annual Service Appreciation Banquet
- Veterans Recognition
- Golf League
- And more…
How to apply:
Apply online at www.lonza.com and/or JOIN US for a one day hiring event
Monday, June 11th – 10am – 5pm
Piedmont Technical College Conference Center
Bring updated resume, Work Keys scores if applicable and be prepared to interview and test on-site.