Following the closing of the Capsugel acquisition, Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Lonza harnesses science and technology to create products that support safer and healthier living and that enhance the overall quality of life. An integrated solutions provider serving the healthcare continuum, Lonza offers products and services from the custom development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients to innovative dosage forms for the pharma and consumer health and nutrition industries. In addition to drinking water sanitizers, nutraceuticals, antidandruff agents and other personal care ingredients, the company provides agricultural products, advanced coatings, composites, and microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens. Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, Lonza today is a well-respected global company with more than 50 major manufacturing and R&D facilities and nearly 14,000 full-time employees worldwide. Further information can be found at www.lonza.com.
Job Description Summary
• Perform various test procedures to determine the quality and uniformity of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products in compliance with company specifications, quality standards and government regulations in support of the hard capsule business.
• Assist supervisor with projects and provides leadership and training to fellow colleagues and supervision in the absence of the supervisor.
• Performs calibration, qualification, maintenance and inventory of laboratory instruments, equipment, standards and chemicals.
• Assures compliance with company standards and specifications, government regulations, as well as Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) and Current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLP’s).
• Anticipates, identifies, and troubleshoots potential problems involving the quality and analysis of raw materials and finished products.
• Communicates with all levels of management regarding material release, product requirements, and ensures that materials meet regulatory requirements.
• Leads and executes planned and unplanned projects.
• Reviews documentation for accuracy and compliance.
• Conducts professional dialog with internal and external customers.
• Conducts and leads meetings and communications effectively.
• Maintains accurate and precise records.
• Writes and executes validation protocols. (instrument and methods)
• Writes and updates Standard Operating Instructions, Policies and Specifications.
• Assists with internal and external regulatory and compliance audits.
• Executes and completes assigned tasks within schedule and resource constraints.
• Performs all job functions with the safety of themselves and fellow colleagues in mind.
• Must be able to work 40 hours a week, which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
• Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
Prerequisites & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Laboratory Science, Chemistry, or equivalent field.
• Strong focus in a quality-oriented field with laboratory experience.
• Strong proficiency with word processing, database and statistical computer software.
• Strong and professional communication skills. (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated proficiency with standard and advanced laboratory equipment.
• Must be organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects.
Please apply online at:
Or, you can contact me directly at:
535 Emerald Rd N
Greenwood, SC 29646
Tel: 864-942-6578 / Mobile: 864-554-8010
Mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org