The E-Sports coach is responsible for recruiting students to Lander specifically interested in varsity competition and competitive gaming, scheduling and coaching intercollegiate matches and tournaments, scheduling practice preparation, and scheduling the training lab/arena with time for walk-ins interested in gaming. The coach will also oversee the budget for E-Sports and the gaming lounge facility. The coach must demonstrate a vision for a collegiate E-Sports program at Lander University. The E-Sports Coach reports to the Director for Student Activities.
- In-depth knowledge of PC, Console, or Mobile gaming software and hardware.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving history are required.
- Must have strong skills in providing excellent customer service and demonstrate strong ethics.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators and professional colleagues.
- At least one year of competitive E-Sports experience involving multi-player online games.
- Coaching and recruiting experience preferred.
Hire Range: $20,000 annually
University Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Position Work Hours: 30 hours per week.
Applications must be submitted online at www.careers.sc.gov and received by 10/14/2019. Receipt of individual applications not acknowledged. See position status at www.lander.edu/hr. Lander University is a tobacco-free campus. All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
Lander University is committed to equal opportunity employment and being an employer of choice. Lander believes that corresponding differences within the faculty and staff, whether based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, or other experiences, are tremendous assets to the role of Lander as an educational institution and within the community, region, and state. Moreover, Lander is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. As a result, it is the policy and commitment of Lander that it will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected characteristics.
AA / EOE / ADA / TITLE IX