This is a REPOST: Previous applicant don’t need to re-apply. Application will be considered.
Description: Groundskeepers are responsible for maintenance of turf, trees, shrubs, and all other plantings on campus. Work to be done with riding mowers, push mowers, power trimmers, power clippers, and other power and hand tools and equipment. Responsible for preventive maintenance on assigned equipment. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe campus environment.
- Related experience operating general grounds equipment (mowers, hedge trimmers, edger's, etc.).
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving history are required.
- Must have strong skills in providing excellent customer service and demonstrate strong ethics.
- High school diploma or GED, previous grounds work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of safety practices relevant to grounds keeping and ability to safely operate ordinary grounds care equipment, such as power trimmers, lawn mowers, edger's, chair; saws, hedge trimmers, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Skills in the use of cleaning and equipment upkeep.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Hire Range: $20,500 – $ 21,500 annually University
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday Position Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week. 6:30am-4:00pm Mon.- Fri. To include early mornings and some nights and weekends
Class Code: KA05– State Title: Building/Grounds Specialist I Position #: 061068407 – Band: 01
Applications must be submitted online at www.careers.sc.gov Receipt of individual applications not acknowledged. See position status at www.lander.edu/hr. Lander University is a tobacco-free campus. All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
Lander University is committed to equal opportunity employment and being an employer of choice. Lander believes that corresponding differences within the faculty and staff, whether based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, or other experiences, are tremendous assets to the role of Lander as an educational institution and within the community, region, and state. Moreover, Lander is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. As a result, it is the policy and commitment of Lander that it will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected characteristics. AA / EOE / ADA / TITLE IX