Description: The Instructional Designer works with academic leadership and ITS to develop and implement a strategic plan for course development based upon the priorities of the university. Contributes to instructional design projects to support existing online programs; the development of the Lander University E-Core General Education Program; and the development of new online programs. Consults with university faculty on needs assessment, course redesign, project management and implementation of evaluation procedures to assess effectiveness of technologies and techniques in the teaching and learning process, and individual academic units.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in education or another directly related field such as Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Educational Media, Instructional Systems Design, Educational Psychology, Communications or related field and experience in curriculum development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to work in a team and establish collegial relationships with faculty and staff.
- Must have strong skills in providing excellent customer service and demonstrate strong ethics.
- A valid driver's license and safe driving history are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in designing and developing complete distance education courses using distributed/distance technologies either individually or in collaboration with others.
- Experience with the Blackboard Learn LMS and BB Ultra Experience.
- Experience with large-course redesign and other approaches to blended learning.
- Deep understanding of usability and accessibility considerations in instructional design.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies as related to online and campus based teaching and learning.
Hire Range: $40,759 – $ 50,000 annually University Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday Position Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Class Code: CA20 – State Title: Curriculum Coordinator II Position #: – Band: 06
Applications must be submitted online at www.careers.sc.gov and received by 12/09/2019. Receipt of individual applications not acknowledged. See position status at www.lander.edu/hr. Lander University is a tobacco-free campus. All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
Lander University is committed to equal opportunity employment and being an employer of choice. Lander believes that corresponding differences within the faculty and staff, whether based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, or other experiences, are tremendous assets to the role of Lander as an educational institution and within the community, region, and state. Moreover, Lander is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. As a result, it is the policy and commitment of Lander that it will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected characteristics.
AA / EOE / ADA / TITLE IX